If you have decided you want what we have, and are willing to go to any lengths to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps.
The list of questions, which follows, has helped a lot of people find where they stood with booze. But remember, you are the only one who can say if you have a problem or not. Even if you’ve been told you do, the important thing is that you decide for yourself. All we ask is that you try to be honest.
1. Did you lose time from work due to drinking?
2. Did drinking make your home life unhappy?
3. Did you drink because you were shy with people?
4. Has drinking affected your reputation?
5. Have you gotten into trouble with money because of your drinking?
6. Did you associate with people you didn’t respect and hang out in places you didn’t want to be in when drinking?
7. Did your drinking make you careless of your family’s welfare?
8. Has your drinking decreased your ambition?
9. Did you want a drink “the morning after?”
10. Did you have a hard time sleeping because of your drinking?
11. Has your ability to work decreased since drinking?
12. Did drinking get you into trouble on the job or in business?
13. Did you drink to escape from problems or worries?
14. Did you drink alone?
15. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking?
16. Has a doctor ever treated you for drinking?
17. Did you drink to build up self-
18. Have you ever been arrested, locked up or hospitalized on account of your drinking?
19. Have you ever felt guilty after drinking?
20. Did you have to have a drink at a certain time each day?
If you answered “yes” to three or more questions, you may be an alcoholic. But remember, we in A.A. follow this program voluntarily. No one forces us to admit we are alcoholics. No one forces us to stay sober in A.A. We do it because we like what A.A. has to offer.
Copyright © Lee County Area Intergroup, LLC. All rights reserved.